Activation and syncing of the XPLORA is done in three simple steps:
1. Activate the app: Enter one of the parent's/guardians phone number, type in the 4 digit code that was sent to your phone and proceed.
2. Create an account: After activating the app, you have to create an account, unless you already have one from before. Tap "Register" and choose username and password.
3. Activate your XPLORA: Once you have an account, you will be prompted to add at least one XPLORA. Tap "OK" and type in your XPLORA's phone number on the next screen. A 4 digit code should now appear on the display of the watch. Enter that code in the app. The XPLORA is now synced to your phone.
If you don't retrieve the 4 digit verification code, please proceed as follows:
1. Restart your XPLORA. To do so, open the lid on the back of the watch (you can use a blunt butter knife or a credit card) Underneath the lid you will see the watch's sim-card. Just next to the sim-card-slot, there's a little hole. The reset button is inside that hole. To press it, insert a long, thin and blunt item into the hole, such as a paper-clip or the tool you can use to remove the sim-card from an iPhone. Careful: The reset-button is very sensitive. Too much pressure can damage it!
Now the screen should show the XPLORA-logo while the watch performs a restart.
Repeat the activation as described above.
2. Check the coverage of your XPLORA. You can find the indication for coverage in the upper left corner of the screen.
If you see dark gray bars or a crossed phone symbol it means the XPLORA doesn't have reception. Try to get into an area with better coverage. Often coverage varies even within the same apartment. Usually it is better near the windows and best outside the building.
However, full bars on the watch don't necessarily mean that the watch has sufficient coverage to establish mobile data connections. To check if the watch is able to access mobile data, please go to the Menu "My watch" and open the sub-menu "Info". If it says "Services available" or "Services of access" under Network State, the watch has sufficient coverage to connect to the internet.
If your XPLORA has reception, but the number of white bars is varying or if it doesn't say "Services available" in the Info menu, it means the coverage is unstable and probably not strong enough for the verification code to be transmitted. In that case please follow the same procedures as described above to get better coverage.
Please note that XPLORA uses only 3G, unlike smartphones who additionally use 4G and 2G. In addition, the XPLORA is designed to be worn directly on the body, which means its antenna can't be as strong as the ones used in smartphones. Even though your smartphone might have full reception, your XPLORA can experience insufficient coverage.
If the watch consistently shows "Services available" but still doesn't retrieve the code, proceed as follows:
1. Check the SIM card number. Open the lid on the back of your XPLORA to find the SIM card. Inside the box of your XPLORA you'll find a SIM card holder, where the watch's SIM card number is written down. Check that the number of the SIM card matches the number written on the SIM card holder.
If the numbers don't match, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then send you a new SIM card.
If you have tried all of the things above, but still don't get a verification code, you might not have sufficient coverage to use your XPLORA. Please contact us, so we can find a solution together: email@example.com